Caliper is a platform to serve statistical classifications in open formats, usable by people and machines. Caliper is centered around the idea of making statistical classifications better interoperable and for this purposes also uses globally unique identifiers over the web (URIs)*. The tools used Caliper are open source and free of charge.
- Browsing interfaces addressing different visualization needs
- Quick search facilities - Search in classifications and Search for correspondences
- Download classifications or correspondences in machine readable formats (CSV, RDF, JSON, JSON-LD)
- APIs and Queries to access data through uniform interfaces
- URI service. Items and classifications can be accessed through unique addresses over the web (URIs)
- Edit classifications using VocBench 3.0
CREDITS: Caliper is part of a project run by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) and supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The University of Tor Vergata (Rome, Italy) provides technical and scientific support.
This site is PROVISIONAL and provided for purposes of EVALUATION ONLY.