Caliper is a suite of services for statistical classifications, all centred around the idea of making statistical classifications available in open formats, machine actionable, and where each element served, be that a classification item, an entire classification, or correspondences between items, is uniquely identified globally, over the web. These are the basis for achieving more interoperable statistics, and for enabling information system perform complex tasks with data.
In Caliper, you can: :
- Browse and search classifications or correspondences online.
- Download classifications or correspondences in machine readable formats (CSV, RDF, JSON, JSON-LD).
- Query and extract specific pieces of classifications or correspondences on demand (using SPARQL query language).
- Access referenceable web addresses (through the mechanism of content negotiation).
- Editing: VocBench as a editing platform (only for authorized users).
NOTE: Caliper is an experimental project, URIs are subject to change in the near future.
CREDITS: Caliper is part of a project run by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) and supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The University of Tor Vergata (Rome, Italy) provides technical and scientific support.