The timeliness and interoperability of agricultural statistics largely depend on the availability of classifications in usable and standard formats. Instead, they are often made available in formats that are hardly or not-machine readable (e.g., PDF), or information is scattered in different files (e.g, multilingual titles and correspondences), or metadata is expressed in ad-hoc and not-machine readable formats.
The goal of this project is to address those limitations by applying open technologies for the web. In particular, we are interested in the following functionalities:
- browse classifications (and correspondences) relevant to agriculture in friendly and intuitive formats
- download classifications in machine readable formats
- query and extract specific pieces of classifications on demand
- programmatic access classifications, via APIs, or through content negotiation of web addresses (URIs).
- editing. Enter VocBench (credential for guests: firstname.lastname@example.org/guest. After selecting a project, click on "Data", top left, to open the classifications)
CREDITS: Caliper is part of a project run by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) and supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The University of Tor Vergata (Rome, Italy) provides technical and scientific support.